Review - The Darker Side - Cody McFayden



Wanting a good read ? One with Serial Killers and a great storyline ? Did you notice the new symbol at the beginning of the review - the one with the little Library Building as last year I did the Support your library challenge , that was the pic for library books and this year I decided to bring in a little library building to symbolise books that I have reviewed from the library.
Review: The Darker Side - Book #3 Smoky Barrett Series - Cody McFayden - September 2008
Are you a fan of Serial Killer novels ? Love and Read Cody McFayden's other books ? When I saw this book come through, I wasn't sure if I had read it but when I started bits and pieces started to gel and seem familiar but it was prior to the joining the ranks of Book Bloggers United and our fabulous community of sharing books, and since I am such a huge fan of Cody's books , I figured why not just read it again and I'm glad I did as of course surprise, surprise I enjoyed it.
In The Darker side, we are reunited with our favourite team of FBI Agents who remind me of the team on Criminal Minds. We have lead agent Smoky Barrett , Callie , Alan and James - a nice team of four. When the first victim is killed , the senator's daughter it seems that it could be a political killing but when they observe the body and her home it seems that this is the work of a serial killer . Soon deaths start piling up and it seems that they all have things in common , they are all Catholics and have sinned in one way or another and it seems the Serial Killer soon named "The Preacher" has been killing for a very very long time. Unlike , past criminals though, this killer is experienced and clean as we watch more and more die before the FBI can catch them. However, when one of their friends gets caught up in the web , will they die or wil the FBI be able to stop them ? How many more must die in order for the killer to be caught?
The Darker Side features a strong religious fanatic killer and if you are Catholic - it does look at that in the extreme , so if that offends you -do not read. You have been warned.
As always,  IMO Cody Mcfayden has done another fabulous job with writing another mystery novel that captures the attention of it's audience.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid