Review: The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins




One of the best Teen/YA Dystopian novels to take the world by storm , soon to be screening on our big screens all around the world . A series , that is soon to become the next "Twilight" , it will be like Team Edward and Jacob Who ? replaced with Team Peeta or Team Gale :)
I tried to read The Hunger Games a few years back , but couldn't get into it - however since reading more dystopian books and the fact that all my friends are reading it and the film's coming out , I thought I would give it another go and I'm glad I did.
 
Review: The Hunger Games - Book #1 The Hunger Games Trilogy - Suzanne Collins - October 2008
As I was saying above, that when the series was first released in 2008, I tried to read it and was unsuccessful, something in it just didn't click with me but this time around and I don't know if it's because I'm in a different frame of mind or the fact that I'm in a state of reading more and more dystopian novels but I loved it and this time round fell more in love with Peeta as when I first read it , I was a close shave between Peeta and Gale.
The Hunger Games is set in a dystopian world, that once had everything and then the war came, people got sick and fights broke out. One district , District 13 was completely destroyed as a result of this -the peace treaty was broken and every year, since that day - there is a Reaping Day in which 12-18yrs old have the chance to represent their District in a fight to death - The Hunger Games.  This year though, at the Reaping - Katniss Everdreen's sister Primrose gets called and Katniss volunteers to take her place , the male chosen is Peeta - he is the son of the Baker .
In order not to give too much away, we see the pair enter the Hunger Games and it soon becomes clear , that when it comes to the crunch and in a fight of death - Can you trust anyone or are you safer to be a loner ? Each tribute has their strengths and weaknesses , now in a game of life or death - one must prove to be the strongest ? . Only one can survive the Hunger Games , so what will happen when two people - a boy and a girl come out alive ?
Will this be acceptable or have they inflicted without realisation , danger upon not only theirselves but also their families and the ones they love ?
Find out in "The Hunger Games" book #1 by Suzanne Collins and get in fast to read before the film hits the big screens :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid