Review: Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L James (R18 Read)


Have you heard all the buzz going on lately about this book called "Fifty Shades of Grey" by E.L James, if you follow facebook then you might have . I belong to a bookaholics anonymous group on Facebook and OMG this is one of the most talked about books on the site , so feeling a tad left out I decided to read it and it was a WOOAH book.
Review: Fifty Shades of Grey - Fifty Shades Trilogy Book #1- E.L James - May 2011
As I said above , I had heard so much about this book and decided Alright, I'll give it a go as it's not really the type of novel unless I was sent it to review that I would have read and as I was reading it , some parts I'm sure I blushed at and others made me giggle. My favourite part of the book was the email correspondence between main characters Anastasia aka Ana Steele and Christian Grey, for those who have yet to read it Fifty Shades of Grey begins when Ana's roommate Editor of their College newspaper Kate is due to give an interview with benefactor Christian Grey, however on the day of the interview Kate gets sick and sends bumbling Ana in her place. Arriving at Grey Enterprises, Ana feels a tad out of place as all the staff are blonde and beautiful - a bit like her roommate. When Ana meets Christian though, their is a connection of sorts - some would say love at first sight but as you read Fifty Shades of Grey , you will understand that that's not the right terminology as the word Love does not belong in Christian's vocabulary. It seems Christian has a Dominant side and he's not into as we learn "Vanilla Sex" but in fact the whole role-playing of Dom/Sub. We discover that Christian wants Ana as his Sub but as the novel develops - is there more to their relationship , something Christian has never experienced ? Christian ,being rich and wealthy showers Ana with presents which being independent -she can't stand. One of the presents are a series of First Edition Classics namely being Tess of D'Ubervilles which we read as a theme throughout the novel - I loved this as the book Tess of the D'Ubervilles by Thomas Hardy is one of my all-time favourite classics. The other presents are a MacBook Laptop and a Blackberry - in which begins my all-time favourite part of the book - the emailing banter between the pair :). As we devour Fifty Shades of Grey , we see slight changes in both characters especially in Ana as it seems Christian shifts her entire personality . Are the pair determined to work things out to each of their advantages or when Ana sees Christian's contract- will that be the end ?
Find out in Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L James , a book that will surprise you as I went and purchased the 2nd and 3rd to find out what happened .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid