Diamonds in The Rough

“I see a woman who is just like the stars outside. She is shining as bright as she can with hope that someone sees her except this woman is far better than them. She’s a diamond.”

I am joined today by Authoress Vogue , to share with you her new book "Diamonds in the Rough" and her other titles coming in the "Diamond Series".
As we say , this book is definitely bound to be a girl's best friend as the quote reads "Diamond's are a girls best friend".

Book Description : A Diamond in the Rough-2010


Carmen Davenport is living the American dream. Born with a silver spoon in her mouth, she has anything that a twenty-one year old college student would want: supportive parents, a set of fly friends, and an inheritance to one of the most lucrative clothing companies in New York: Flame, Inc. The only thing missing is love, but that doesn’t seem to faze her until she lays eyes on Jay Santiago, a Puerto Rican drug lord who is destined to make Carmen his at any cost. Instantly, Carmen begins to fall for him despite his reign as the head of a multi-million dollar drug cartel.

After securing the rights to her inheritance, Carmen soon learns that Flame, Inc. is headed towards a downward spiral. Too ambitious to allow her dream to go down the drain, Carmen begins pulling at all lifelines to save her company. Putting aside everything she’s ever believed in, Carmen soon finds herself entangled in a web of lies, betrayal, and crime. However, Carmen knows that in order to achieve her goal, she must remain focused no matter how dangerous the road to success may get.

Diamonds In the Rough is the first of ten books known communally as “The Diamond Collection.”



Working titles in the collection:

*Diamonds are Forever
•The Ace of Diamonds
•Black Diamonds
•Diamonds N’ Roses
•The Diamond Tiara
•Dirty Red Diamonds
•18 Diamonds
•Diamond Princess
•Diamonds from San Juan: The Final Chapter

Interview with Authoress Vogue :


Urban fiction writer and entertainment blogger, Vogue – was born April L. Blanding. She is holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Work and is passionate about her work as a Program Contractor with the Teen Health Center for York County in South Carolina (USA). Currently, Vogue is writing a ten-book series titled The Diamond Collection. The first novel is Diamonds in the Rough, which is being published through Passionate Writer Publishing. You can visit Vogue at www.simplyvogue.net. The discussion below between April and I reveals how she works as a writer, how she handles some of the difficulties in this career, where she gets the motivation for her work and more:

Interview Questions


1) Tell us about your book, Diamonds in the Rough?

Carmen Davenport is living the American dream. Born with a silver spoon in her
mouth, she has anything that a twenty-one year old college student would want:
supportive parents, a set of fly friends, and an inheritance to one of the most
lucrative clothing companies in New York: Flame, Inc. The only thing missing is
love, but that doesn’t seem to faze her until she lays eyes on Jay Santiago, a
Puerto Rican drug lord who is destined to make Carmen his at any cost.
Instantly, Carmen begins to fall for him despite his reign as the head of a
multi-million dollar drug cartel.

After securing the rights to her inheritance, Carmen soon learns that Flame,
Inc. is headed towards a downward spiral. Too ambitious to allow her dream to go
down the drain, Carmen begins pulling at all lifelines to save her company.
Putting aside everything she’s ever believed in, Carmen soon finds herself
entangled in a web of lies, betrayal, and crime. However, Carmen knows that in
order to achieve her goal, she must remain focused no matter how dangerous the
road to success may get.

Diamonds In the Roughis the first of ten books, which comprise “The Diamond
Collection.”


2) How was the title inspired for your book?

The novel focuses on a female character, Carmen, who is the ultimate good girl gone bad. A diamond in the rough is a phrase that is commonly used to describe something good that may be in a bad situation. Before I had even completed the novel, I knew that the title would fit the book perfectly.


3)What gives you the innovation to write a particular genre?

Urban fiction/ street lit is my favorite genre to read. As an avid reader of the
genre, I knew what I wanted to see in the storyline and what kind of characters
appealed to me. When I decided to become an author, I was compelled to write the
story that I wanted to read, but that had never been written.


4)Has your characters or writing been inspired by friends/ family?

Some of the characters and plots may be based off of conversations I’ve had with
people, but not necessarily based off of individuals in my life.

5) Did you experience writers block? If so, what did you do to get
rid of it?

When I have writer’s block, I simply do not write. I take a break and
when I feel inspired to write again, I do. I try not to put myself on a timeline
to finish a book. If it takes months for my inspiration to return then so be it.
I always want to feel like writing is something I want to do and not necessarily
something I have to do.

6)What are you working on now?

As of right now, I am rewriting and editing Black Diamonds, the fourth book in the series, The Diamond Collection.

7)What is your favorite scene in your book?

My favorite scene in the book is when Carmen meets Jay Santiago for the first time at a local diner. It is the start of a very powerful and influential courtship.

8)Had you previously written anything?

Yes, I began writing when I was in high school. I wrote a large number of books, including a five-book series, which was entitled Urban Drama.

9)How long does it take you to write a book?

It typically takes four to five months, but I have been able to finish some books in a shorter time period. It all depends on if I’m suffering through writer’s block.

10)Which comes first for you – characters or plot?

To be honest, both come at the same time almost like a vision. However, once I have a general idea of what I want a character to be like, I try to form the plot around those characteristics.

11)How did you get into writing? Did you always want to become a
writer?

I started writing in high school when I was introduced to the art of fan
fiction. It was through that experience that I realized that I wanted to be a
writer.

12)If you were stranded on a desert island, what are three material things
you couldn't be without?
This is a hard question, but the three items I would need is a notebook, an ink pen, and a cell phone. Of course, I would need thecell phone to try and call for help, but while I’m waiting, I do need to write!

13)What are you reading now?
As of right now, I am not reading a book at the moment because I have finished all of the books I have recently bought. However, the next book that I plan on reading is Onyx and Eggshell by Wyatt Bryson.

14)Which author has inspired you most and why?

This was the hardest question to answer, but I’ve decided to be honest. I have two favorite authors, but I don’t feel as if I’m inspired to write because of them. I just simply enjoy reading their work. I am most inspired by the people around me that I see on a day to day basis.

15)What advice would you give aspiring authors?

Although it may be redundant, I always like to tell people to never give up on their dreams and to put more than 100% in everything that they do. No one is going to put more effort into your work then you are.

16)To finish off, Do you have a quote or poem that has stuck with you
over the years and what is the story behind it?
Over the years, the poem, Invictus by William Ernest Henley has stuck with me. The story behind the poem is that we are in charge of our own destiny. The only person who can stop what you are trying to do is you.


April L. Blanding/ Vogue
Simply Vogue- www.simplyvogue.net
faith...hope...trust


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid