Review: Such Dark Things - Courtney Evan Tate



Such Dark Things

Review: Such Dark Things - Courtney Evan Tate - March 2018

"Fatal Attraction Meets The Girl on The Train" 


I have been a fan of Courtney Cole's earlier work and loved her edgy series Nocte, so when she messaged saying she had a new one out under a different pen name. I jumped at the chance to read it as it sounded like something up my alley. It starts off with Corrine Cabot who is a doctor ending up in a psych ward with the idea that she tried to kill herself. The thing is that Corrine is a medical doctor and knows the "real" way to kill herself if she wanted and nothing is adding up for her. Is she going crazy like her father who is in jail for killing his mistress and her husband? I have to admit this book in parts made me angry especially the fact where Corrine loved her husband Jude and though she worked for heaps and they didn't get to see each other. He starts having a guilty affair with Zoe - a young new waitress. I was like seriously Jude, go home and tell your wife how you feel, don't just have an affair or cheat on your wife. Corrine doesn't deserve him, especially when they all try to make Corrine seem like she is truly paranoid. About 3/4 through the novel, I was getting very frustrated with the characters and had an idea of what had happened to Corrine. As I was 3/4 the way through, I had to keep reading through, and I pushed my way through to the end. The ending, I was in two minds about as I know if you put yourself in the situation or have been in a situation where someone has cheated on you, it does make it harder if you are going to try and fix the relationship as the trust has disappeared.Speaking from personal experience their will always be a niggle in the back of your mind when things start to lag, or something doesn't feel right, you have the "what if" scenarios running through your head all the time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid