Review: Sweet Jayne - K. Webster



Sweet Jayne


Review: Sweet Jayne - K.Webster - May 2016

Lately, I have been in the mood for reading Dark Fiction and Edgy books. I haven't felt like reading romances as I seem to start one and get bored with it. One of my favorite dark fiction authors and an author whom I know I love everything she is written is K.Webster. I was scrolling through my Kindle and came across a 2016 book - Sweet Jayne. I have to admit though I enjoyed this book it irritated me at the same time.  The book starts with Nadia and her mother moving to America as her mother has married rich guy Donovan Jayne. He then adopts Nadia, which makes her his property per se. It's the first day of school, and she briefly meets Kasey and then like 10 minutes after their first conversation, she watches Kasey get kidnapped. The book then jumped ten years, and Nadia is back in town after three years away and engaged to the police chief.  It turns out she's in this relationship as she is still trying to piece together what happened to Kasey and what happened that day. This part irritated me as she endures so much abuse both physical and sexual to help save someone she only knew for ten minutes ten years ago. Seriously, who the hell would do that? When we got to the end of the story, I could understand why but it wasn't until the last chapter that we realize what her motivation was. We also have Kasper who is also on the police force and is so bent on revenge that he wants to ruin Nadia's life when really she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and then you have the police chief who BTW is a total sicko that nobody realised and they just put up with his attitude as he is Chief. Come on people, bloody stand up for yourself or at least let others know your plans so that if something goes wrong, you have a back-up just in case. Lest not forget that since this is a K. Webster book, we have the ol' I'm sleeping with my adopted stepfather storyline too. Anyway, if you are in the mood for a dark, twisted and abusive read then check out Sweet Jayne by K. Webster which in fact is anything but a Sweet story.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid