Review: Malachi and I - J.J McAvoy



Malachi and I


Review: Malachi and I - J.J McAvoy - September 2017



This is one book that I had been waiting to read, and as soon as I saw it come up on NetGalley, I was so excited. It's taken me a couple of weeks though to write the review as Malachi and I is a hard one to write I have found. The one thing that readers need to know is that this book was amazing and will set your hearts alight as you are drawn into the different stories of the past. The book starts off in present times with Malachi Lord being a hero and rescuing a woman from a car crash and then flipping over to a small publishing company owned by Esther's grandfather who raised her. Esther lives and breathes Malachi's words but doesn't realize they are true stories. When a chance arises for Esther to stay with Malachi, her grandfather sends her to stay with him.  Malachi sees no harm and reluctantly accepts and thus starts a tumultuous relationship as they seem to bring out the worst in one another. We learn that every thirty years Malachi seems to die as also his true love and then they are reborn - Malachi still with his memories but his true love's slate is wiped clean until they meet and all comes flooding back, only to die again and love to be lost for another three decades.  If you love soulmate romances with love and tragedy - just like all the greatest romances in the world, then you will not be disappointed with Malachi and me. A book that will keep you reading as you wait in hope for this time that Malachi and his true love finally get an HEA ending.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid