Review: Double Down - Victoria Pratt








Double Down (Cassidy Jones #1)

Review: Double Down - Book #1 Cassidy Jones Novel - Victoria Pratt - October 2015



What does one do when they get stuck in a reading rut? They go back and try and read some older books off their kindle. That's what I did and read Double Down which is a book I have had on my kindle for at least 5+ years. I wasn't 100% sure what it was about but when I got started reading it, I found myself being drawn into the story and enjoying it. As I have been previously bingeing CSI - I had in my mind that Cassidy Jones was like a young Kathryn Willows. Someone has killed Jimmy Polonza who is a mobster and owns Double Down - a strip club amongst other things. Cassidy is one of only two women on the force and looks like a barbie doll, is the ideal Detective to go undercover as a stripper and help solve the murder. In doing so, Cassidy soon realizes she is better as a bartender and catches the romantic interest of Jimmy's brother Lorenzo. As Cassidy goes further undercover as Brandi and more people turn up dead, can she find out the truth before she is next as we witness a near-death experience for Cassidy and in turn also trying to save her heart from heartbreak as the woman who never falls in love is starting to fall hard for Lorenzo who only knows her undercover identity? Double Down was a great start to the Cassidy Jones series and reminded me of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum and the friendship between Cassidy - Detective and Bobbi- Coroner reminded me of the characters Jane and Maura from Rizzoli and Isles by Tess Gerritsen.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3dl952t




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid