We're Doing the Book Blogger Hop

It's Friday and that means Book Blogger Hop Time :)

Today's Question Is :
"What book-to-movie adaption have you most liked? Which have you disliked?"

Today's Answer :
For me, I have always tried to be a read the book before the film type of girl and most of the time I have loved the Movie Adaptions :) . One that I have to say I enjoyed even more than the book was The Secret Life of Bees - for some reason , I could not get into the book by Sue Monk Kidd but I watched the film and loved it soooo much ,that I ended up buying it for my personal DVD Collection after I had watched the DVD elsewhere. The other Books to Film adaptions is the 2 Christian Series that they ended up making films/TV Series from is Christy by Catherine Marshall and The Love Comes Softly Series by Jannette Oke which again I own.
Recently however, I watched the movie Beastly and I thought It was a good movie but they could have done alot better as the book is one of my all-time favourites.
Another one which I could not finish the book but loved the movie was I am Number Four and then in reverse , the one Book that I enjoyed way better than the film was The Life and Death of Charlie St. Cloud , I really enjoyed the book by Ben Sherwood as I found the movie a tad weak in spots.




Comments

  1. I definitely agree with you on Beastly! I just could not get into the film, but I loved the book. Happy Reading and if you get a chance hop on by my blog at http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/05/follow-friday-5-book-blogger-hop-5.html

    Ange @ Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the movie The Secret Life of Bees too. I thought Queen Latifah was wonderful in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I'm hopping by from last week's Hop. Thanks for sharing these thoughts, they were great. I saw the movies of Love Comes Softly, but honestly, not books I would ever read. I would like to see Beastly and I am Number Four. I'll skip Charlie St. Cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing some last minute hopping. I did not like I am Number Four to much. I thought that if you hadn't read the book the movie wouldn't have made much sense. But that's me. I enjoyed Beastly but was sad tht they changed some things.

    Check out my hop--> http://unautrehistoire.blogspot.com/2011/05/book-blogger-hop-13-follow-friday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really interested in SEEING The Secret Life of Bees and maybe not reading the book, although, I, like you, like to read the book first!

    Love the purple!

    xo,
    Lah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid