Review: The Amateurs - Sara Shepard



The Amateurs (The Amateurs #1)

Review: The Amateurs - Book #1 The Amateurs Series - Sara Shepard - October 2016

As a big fan of Sara Shepard's different series, when I read that she had released a new book and the beginning of a new series - I knew I had to read it, and I waited and waited till I could get my hand on a copy. I have to admit, though, that after reading this book I was a tad disappointed as it didn't compare high on my list to her other three series. In The Amateurs, Aerin Kelly's sister Helena disappeared five years ago, and then her body was found one year later. The case has remained unsolved, and as the years went by, there were no extra clues found.  There is a website that people can post on about unsolved murders and fans can comment with advice and possibly tips. When Aerin posts a comment requesting help on her sister's case, she never expected three strangers to reply and not ones her age or near about. When the team gets together, clues start to fall in place, but over time it seems that one of the members of the group doesn't belong and Helena's general description matches other murder victims? Are this part of the foul play and a bigger picture or was the murder of Helena just a coincidence as Aerin and the team uncover Helena's final moments and the secrets she had been hiding. Find out in Book #1 The Amateurs, and due to the cliffhanger type ending, I am looking forward to reading more of the series and seeing the direction it leads.



Comments

  1. This wasn't my favorite book and it was my first Sara Shepard novel - but I did like that end. Didn't see that coming!
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! What do you know about smart city? Have a look here digitalsmartcitizen.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid