Book Synopsis #2 "Vrin: Ten Mortal Gods"

                                                              Vrin: Ten Mortal Gods

Are you into Virtual Realities ? Love reading books that fall into the genre of Dystopia ?. If you said YES and YES. Then readers, keep on scrolling down as I give you insight into a book that will be right up your alley.

Book Description :

Beyond our waking minds, past the infinite dark where only whispers live, is a secret place of such unimaginable importance, God Himself has hidden it from us. Until now ....... Is Jason Tardin a god? The people of Vrin believe so, and why shouldn't they? He has the power to manipulate the invisible wire structures upon which their world is painted. But, if he IS a god, then why can't he remember ?

This Book brings together the genres of Dystopia , Science Fiction and Christian Fantasy all rolled into one . This book is for fans of Ted Dekker's Circle series and Frank Peretti .

Book Excerpt :


“You know, if we’re going to work together we are going to have to communicate. Our lives may depend on it.”
I felt the chill from her shoulder.
“Look, Thana, I feel greatly for your loss but I’ve done nothing to you.”
I must have touched a nerve because without warning the floodgates crashed open. “What! You think you’ve done nothing? All you people do is meddle! You have no respect for what we’ve worked for. You come here sticking your noses into everything without asking us what we think. We’ve been here for centuries. This planet is our home! We’ve put our sweat, tears, and memories into its construction, but that doesn’t seem to matter to your kind! You snap your fingers and a mountain is a valley. You wiggle your fanny and a lake is a dessert. Well it’s wrong! And thousands of my people have died senselessly in the faithful service of the gods. But their deaths have no meaning because the cause is worthless. Peace? Hope? You don’t seem to understand the meanings of the words that come from the very book that spoke of your intervention. You don’t know us! This isn’t your planet and…”
“Now wait a minute! You don’t know me!”
She glared at me. “I know your kind, gods indeed!” Her voice dripped with sarcasm. “It’s amazing that the fabric of the universe should choose you as its supreme beings. You can scarcely see beyond your own noses. Life is not something you bend to suit your fancy. It’s hard and it’s rewarding, and it’s the journey that makes us who we are! But to the so-called gods nothing is sacred. There’s a quick fix for everything!”
“That’s enough!” I clenched my hand into a fist. “You have no right to judge me!”
“What are you going to do, destroy me? Silence me for the things I’ve said? That is how your kind deals with their problems isn’t it? If you don’t like it, change it. Well, go ahead! Snap your fingers and make me disappear. I don’t want to live if I have to live under the whim of juveniles!”
I stopped my horse and enunciated through clenched teeth. “Listen closely, Thana for I swear to you on all that is precious, if it were in my heart to do so I would destroy you where you sit for your ignorance. But I am not the monster you think I am. If anyone is short sighted it is you. I am working toward peace yet you don’t see that. You superimpose on me the sins of others. I am not them, and if you took a moment to get to know me, you would see that. I will be the first to admit, I’m not perfect, but I’m doing the best I can! So save your little attitude for someone who deserves it!” I pulled on the reins and turned away from her. She wasn’t worth the aggravation. There had to be another way to find Humphrey!
I was about to spur my horse when her voice interrupted me. “I’m sorry,” was all she said, and it sounded like the words tasted bad in her mouth. I still had my back turned when I heard her horse start back up along the path. I sat grumbling to myself for a few moments, then grudgingly followed.



Comments

  1. First-time visitor....love your title.....Hopping by...have a fun hop this weekend.

    Find my answer to the question about my favorite blogs at:

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    Also stop to see reviews on Room by Emma Donoghue, Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman, I'd Know You Anywhere by Laura Lippman, and many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, thanks for coming by fangs,wands and fairy dust, I followed you back!Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
    twitter: @fangswandsfairy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid