Today Reader's we have on the Author VBT Spotlight # George Hudson , writing in the style and genre of Urban Fiction "Yo Homie G's".
Sypnosis of Drama - George Hudson
The drama just doesn't stop in the lives of Deb, Tammy, and Lisa. Deb, the hard worker and savvy entrepreneur is blessed with a multimillion dollar contract, but has to enjoy the success without the comfort of her man whose fledging music career has him busy from state to state. Tammy has everything a diva could want, a multimillion dollar home, expensive cars, clothes, jewelry, and she thought love.
Drama is a book a lot like Sex in the City with Black characters, each chapter is told from the point of view of a different character. They take turns telling their side of the story. It has everything, humor, emotions, great characters, and a lot of drama.
Links to Buy the Book :
Website : http://www. gstreetchronicles.com
Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Drama-George-Sherman-Hudson/dp/0615314082/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1281797093&sr=8-3
Bio - George Hudson :
George Sherman Hudson was born and raised in Atlanta Ga.. After being continuously rejected by different publishers because of the subject matter contained in his books while serving time, this father of two did some research and started G Street Chronicles, the urban book publishing company that's ran by him with the help of his COO and fiancé Erica Jones . While George is continuously working hard to make G Street Chronicles a recognized name in the literary industry, he's also working hard on his highly anticipated REAL series. George has authored five books in all. His debut book Drama is in stores now. Having published more than 10 titles in the first year of business George is determined to make G Street Chronicles an urban lit powerhouse.
Interview with George Hudson :
1. Tell us about your book.....................?
Drama by George Sherman Hudson
Deb is a savvy entrepreneur who is taking the corporate world by storm but is enjoying her success without the comfort of her man. Tammy has everything she’s ever dreamed of, that is until she discovers she is not the only woman in her fiancée’s life. Lisa is a free spirit, who falls victim to a vicious attack by a scorned lover. Three very different women with one thing in common, their lives are filled with nothing but drama!
2. What gives you the innovation to write a particular genre ?
My life experiences.
3. Do you have any other hidden talents besides being a writer ?
I'm a great negotiator I feel like my deal making skills is above average. Can I consider that a talent?
4. Has your characters or writing been inspired by friends/ family?
Oh yes most definitely. I have a lot of females in my family that's going through all kind of drama.
5. Did you experience writers block? If so, what did you do to get rid of it?
Yes, I just put the pad down for a couple of days .
6. What are you working on now?
I'm working on my first three book series called The Real Series.
7. What is your favorite scene in your book?
The scene where the three Italians come in the night club and kill the manager thinking he was the owner.
8. Had you previously written anything?
9. How long does it take you to write a book?
Approximately 2 months
10. Which comes first for you - characters or plot?
11. How did you get into writing?
I was in prison and was bored with the typical street lit book so I challenged myself to write the kind of book I would like to read.
12 .Did you always want to become a writer?
No not at all.
13. If you were stranded on a desert island, what are three material things you couldn't be without?
Blackberry, Laptop , favorite lounge chair.
14. What are you reading now?
Married to his lies by Mz.Robinson
15. Which author has inspired you most and why ?
Eric Jerome Dickey because he always have a different story line nothing typical. ( TPPN : I also like this author , one of the first African-American authors I read , who got me into Urban Fiction)
16. What advice would you give aspiring authors?
Never give up and promote!promote!promote!
17. To finish off, Do you have a quote or poem that has stuck with you over the years and what is the story behind it ?
As long as you live, keep learning how to live.