Top Ten Tuesday : Book Covers I Wish Could Be Redesigned

Today's Top Ten is one that I can relate to as I know everyone always says "Do Not Judge a Book By it's Cover" but we can't help ourselves. If the cover looks "ugh or ewh" we just be honest , we aren't going to pick it up at all.
Here is my list of Top Ten Covers, I wish I could remake.

1) Minder - Kate Kaynak - How Boring is Black and White

Minder (Ganzfield)

2) Across the Universe - Beth Revis - Again, notice the similarities between this cover and the above, its like kissing in the dark.

Across the Universe


3) Juliet Naked - Nick Hornby ( Both Covers are not up to standard)

Juliet, NakedJuliet, Naked


4) The UK Version of the Generation Dead Series , - What Has Flowers got to do with Zombies ?



5) The Devouring By Simon Holt - The UK Copy is disguisting , reminds me of a Darren Shan Novel. Prefer the USA one better.


6)  Maggie Stiefvater Series - Wolves of Mercy Falls - The One Coloured Look doesnt do it for me.

Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls)Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2)Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 3)

7)The New Covers of the BabySitters Club - Bring back the covers with the members on the front, at least they weren't boring.

Kristy's Great Idea (The Babysitters Club)Claudia And The Phantom Phone Calls (The Babysitters Club)The Summer Before (Baby-Sitter's Club)Dawn And The Impossible Three (The Babysitters Club)

8)Mills and Boons Covers - I find them always Corny and like real people resemble the cover pictures.

9) Bridget Jones Diary - What is up with that face - Honestly People ?


10) Vampire Beach Series - Alex Duval. 














Comments

  1. Agree with all of yours!!! Bridget Jones's Diary made my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that the new BSC covers sucked that much. I'm not ashamed to say that I read those when I was a kid, even if it does knock my masculinity level down just a little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with most of yours, however I do like the cover of Across the Universe. What I didn't like about it was that it actually catches fingerprints quite easily, so I spent a lot of time wiping the book (fingerprints on books really bug me!).

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know they had new Babysitter's Club covers either. I do know that the kids in my elementary school class wouldn't touch them with the old covers though. Maybe the new ones will help, but they do seem boring.
    And what do flowers have to do with zombies?! You are so right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nooo! I didn't know they'd redesigned the Babysitter's Club books! Those were my favorite when I was younger! I don't like the new covers at all. They look like baby books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't begin to express how much I hate those new BSC covers - they don't represent the series at all! Awful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Devouring cover scares me. I kind of hated the old BBC covers too.

    Here is my list: http://hawthornescarlet.blogspot.com/2011/04/top-ten-tuesday-stop-embarassing-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover of Devouring is so horrible. I have never read a Daniel Water book, but the flowers no the book covers look meaningless.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bridget Jones's Diary! -- A-FREAKEN-MEN.

    Also, Juliet, Naked looks like ovaries. But I think it's supposed to look that way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first one looks very amateur but the others aren't so bad, I actually quite like the Maggie Stiefvater covers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid