Review: Brilliant - Rachel Vail


Wanting a good girls read , one that we all can relate to with relationships etc ?
Bringing to you the third in a trilogy by authoress Rachel Vail is her latest book "Brilliant".

Brilliant (Avery Sisters Trilogy)

Review: Brilliant - Avery Sisters Trilogy Book #3- Rachel Vail - May 2011

When I saw this book, I didnt realise that it was part of a trilogy , I picked it up for two reasons - 1) I loved the cover , isn't it beautiful and those shoes are to die for and 2) I had read two of Rachel Vails books years and years ago and really enjoyed them and funnily enough , it wasnt until I read that this was a trilogy, that one of the books I read years ago now was actually Book #1 in the Avery Sisters Trilogy - Lucky and that I actually have book #2 Gorgeous on my Kobo E-reader to read. So it seems in the odd way that I do read, I will be able to read the whole trilogy.
In Brilliant it focuses on Sister #1 Quinn - she is the eldest of three and the sensible, responsible and reliable one that never gets into trouble, she is seen to be calm, collected , good grades etc. However , her shell is about to crack and she will soon do things that nobody thought was her nature . When her mum loses her job and begins to be under investigation for siphoning money in the stock exchange , her family starts to lose everything they have ever known. Quinn, not sure how to cope, turns a new leaf though it seems to be going in the wrong direction from failing her driving test to drinking to kissing guys which she has never done before and in this book she kisses not one, nor two but three different guys. A novel which shows as that even good girls have wild sides and when it all comes down to it, there is to be no secret in families as they can all fester up inside and cause them to erupt .




Comments

  1. I love those shoes! Wish I could find a pair, lol!
    Sounds like a good book. I'll have to check it out.
    Natalie :0)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid