Review: The Anti-Virginity Pact - Katie Wismer


Review: The Anti-Virginity Pact - Katie Wismer - June 2020
Before I started this book, I didn't realize that it would have a heavy Christianity focus in the book but as someone who doesn't mind reading Christian books, it didn't hinder me in enjoying this book. Our book introduces us to our two main characters Meredith and her best friend Johanna. Meredith and Johanna are in their final year of high school and have decided that this year they will lose their V-cards and together in a drunken haze - make an Anti-Virginity pact. Normally this wouldn't have been too bad but for Meredith - she is the eldest daughter of the local Preacher and they are quite strict in their learnings as we read one of the church member youth being sent to the Conversion Christian Camps and their Dad heading to stop Sex Ed at their high school. As the book goes along, we read as Meredith starts to date Sam - another guy from her Church and Johanna has her eye on their English teacher. Throughout the novel, both girls will start to open up as they decide to take the next steps. What will happen though when the contract gets out and the whole school knows and the bullying starts? Can Meredith keep it under wraps from her parents or will she find herself shipped off in the middle of the night to the Christian Conversion camp?
The Anti-Virginity Pact was a great Edgy Christian Fiction YA read and reading this did get me thinking as we do live in a world, where often 18 is the age where females if they haven't had sex earlier - will try to before that point as I remember being 18 - the first time I had sex as I wanted to wait till I was 18 years old and I too think it was strongly due to my Christian upbringing.





Comments
Post a Comment