Book Blogger Hop

Hey Readers, as you are aware I have just joined in recently the Book Blogger Hop. You also might have noticed that this week's reviews are at a bare minimum. This was because I had to go to Wellington and attend a funeral as one of my relatives died recently of Cancer.

Every week , we answer a question :)

This Week's Question is
Do you use a rating system for your reviews and if so, what is it and why?


The Last Letter from Your LoverThis is actually an interesting question as I noticed so many book review sites use ratings. Myself personally I don't believe in ratings though I have used them when writing for other sites. On my own site though I do not use a rating system .
My view is that if you are going to waste time reading a book and then rate it only a 1-2 stars then really what was the point . For me , if I read a book and enjoy it -then a review will be published on it. If for some reason that book was amazing or better than anything I have read before and since I read 40-50 books a month on average "I read heaps" , then in the review I will rave about it. For Instance - one of the best books I read and reviewed recently was "The Last Letter From Your Lover" by Jojo Moyes , it was such an amazing read. Have a look at that review and compare to others.

                                                        Question For Readers :

                                                   1) Do you prefer Ratings ?
                          2) What is one of the best books you have read so far ?

Comments

  1. Paranormalcy is my favorite recent read.
    Stopping by on the hop! Now following you!
    I Am A Reader, Not a Writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just hopping by :)

    You read so many books a month! I wish I could read that much, but schoolwork and extracurriculars take up so much time :| Hardly any time to read and review!

    When writing my reviews, I usually use a rating system. It's more straightforward, in my opinion, and it sort of gives a summary of the review. However, I try not to rely too much on it, as I think the written reviews are still what's important :)

    Erika
    Erika Breathes Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Dropping by for the hop!! I love your little heart logo up there! :) Great site...I'll be visiting often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from the Blog Hop. I don't use ratings, but I don't mind seeing it elsewhere. I admire people that can be more decisive than I on things like that! The best book I "read" lately was The Passage. I listened to the audiobook on that one. It was so good!!

    Autumn
    fromthetbrpile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use ratings, but at the same time, they don't always apply/completely explain what I mean.
    I read the Bones of Fairy the other day and loved it. It reminded me of the Giver...
    Mei
    http://meismovies.blogspot.com
    http://fairweatherdiver.blogspot.com/

    And you should make a easy grab button for your friday follow... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do use ratings. Sometimes it gets vague to say that I like it for every book. However, I am not harsh with my ratings. Even if I rate a book a 3 as middle ground doesn't mean it wont be better at a different time in my life.

    Good books that I recently loved. Soulless, The Last Song, The Carrie Diaries, & Beautiful Creatures.

    Black Disaster Fairy

    wickedsexybooks.blogspot.com
    literarydaydreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use ratings that reflect my emotional look at a book. Love your logo! Partial to libraians becasue I used to work with the Friends of the Library and a wonderful librarian was instrumental in encouraging me to read as a child!
    Smiles!
    http://thedelusionaldiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! Just hopping by! If you have a chance, stop by The Wormhole and check out my 300 follower giveaway! Happy reading – have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday!! I use ratings myself but sometimes struggle with it. I'm an emotional reader and so I tend to review on how the book made me feel and how involved I became in the experience. Today I kind of think that taking a few minutes to read the review can be more insightful than a number or icon. Also when I'm looking for a book I'm more likely to pick it for how the cover attracts me than the rating. Just something I'm thinking over since I started this Hop.

    Hope you have a great weekend and come by some time

    http://thebookishsnob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid