My First Book Blog Challenge

As an avid reader of blogs , I noticed a lot of them had participated in what are known as book challenges. So I thought, why not participate in one myself.


This Blog book Challenge is hosted by the blog http://www.thecontempts.com/ and the challenge is to read 18 Contemporary YA/Teen ( depending on where you live and what they are called for you) as I have noticed that a lot of overseas call them YA (Young Adult) Books whereas in New Zealand we call them Teens.
Anywho Back to the challenge : Read 18 Contemporary YA/Teen Books in One Year.

Though Im sure since I read a lot more than 18 Books in one month let alone a whole year , I am going to do well in this challenge. One thing that I am looking forward to and this will encourage me is to get back into reading Contemporary novels as when I was younger I used to read a lot of them but lately everything well mostly everything seems to have a fantasy/ supernatural feel to it.

For your own knowledge:

What does the genre Contemporary novel cover and what age group is it aimed at ?

Young Adult Books are those that are written targeting the young adults in the age group of 12-18 years as the potential readers. It is rather a vague term and is often confused with children's books. Generally Young Adult Books deal with issues, such as coming of age, dating, fitting in, friendships, sex, drugs, self esteem, school, prom nights, and relationships with parents and siblings, which affect the older juveniles. Young Adult Books are not just about entertainment and amusement. These books are very helpful in guiding the young readers and educating them about the problems that they face in the growing up years. Contemporary Young Adult Books refer to the present-day or modern writings for young readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid