Review: Thieves Gambit - Kayvion Lewis








Review: Thieves Gambit - Book #1 - Kayvion Lewis - September 2023

As this weekend was the long weekend celebrating Matariki - the Maori New Year and also the first day for me to help out with the special election booth at the library, I figured it was going to be quiet and it was with only a couple of inquiries. This made it the perfect reading time as well, so I didn't sit there twiddling my thumbs. I took along with me Thieves Gambit, which was one I had received from HarperCollins NZ and it was so good. I have always enjoyed heist and spy novels and Thieves Gambit by Kayvion Lewis was another one added to my list of enjoyable reads. I now can't wait for Book #2 Heist Royale. Thieves Gambit first introduces us to the mother/daughter team of The Quests who are one of North America's best thieving families.  Ross though wants a normal life, so she starts planning but instead of a clean break on their last job, her mum gets kidnapped. The kidnappers want one billion dollars which means Ross now has to enter and win the Thieves Gambit to get her mum back. This competition has some of the best teenage thieves from around the world including Ross's archnemesis Noelia Boschert. Can Ross open herself to trusting when it shows she will need allies to move forward in the competition? What will happen though when her world is shaken and she doesn't know who to trust how can you trust anyone if the one you are conditioned to trust, breaks that? Find out in this fast-paced action/adventure YA thriller "Thieves Gambit". Fans of Jennifer Lynn Barnes and Mackenzie Reed's books will enjoy.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3zov7jf





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid