VBT# The Donor - Nikki Rae



The Donor, Parts 1-3

Review: The Donor -Complete Series - Nikki Rae - October 2014

As a voracious reader, you tend to go through phases of what's popular as you get a huge influx of one sort of book and a couple of years ago for at least five years or so Vampires were the big thing and I read so many paranormal/supernatural vampire stories that I got sick of them as they all started to blend in together and it felt like I was reading the same thing over and over again. However, The Donor was amazing and was one of those hidden gem reads. The Donor starts off with Casey who we learn is dying and she needs money as her family is poor and living in a trailer park. A work colleague tells her about this dating site called MyTrueMatch and so Casey signs up and starts talking to Jonah. Eventually, she agrees and meets him in Boston. I loved reading about the airport as it flashed back to my trip there and how I had gotten into Boston at about 11pm ish and being Winter in the story, made it more real as like Casey I had never experienced snow and being in Boston was the first time I had an actual snow experience. As the book goes along, Jonah discovers Casey's secret but instead of turning her away - he sets up a negotiation as his daughter is sick and Casey can help if she's willing to go along. Can Casey tell her parents the truth about her relationship with Jonah when confronted or will she continue to live a lie till her death bed ? I was hoping that the book would have a little more closure at the end , as to me it finished leaving me some unanswered storylines and questions. Overall though The Donor is a fast-read and one that you will not be able to put down and readers, you will find yourself drawn into the story as you become familiar with the characters of Jonah and Casey like I was.
If you love Vampires and looking for a new author, or a hidden gem of a book then check out "The Donor" by Nikki Rae as you will not be disappointed.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid