HEALING TOUCH Release Day - Brenda Rothert


Today we are celebrating the release of Healing Touch by Brenda Rothert. This is a contemporary romance, standalone novel. Check out the links, and an excerpt from the book below.

PURCHASE NOW OR READ FOR FREE ON KINDLEUNLIMITED

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | Amazon CA

Healing Touch by Brenda Rothert

Book Blurb:

She spends her nights treating patients, but Dr. Jocelyn Drake's own wounds are unfixable. Her ex-husband and his younger, bouncier girlfriend work just a few floors away at Tulane Medical Center, and they serve as a constant reminder of what Joss lost. But a fierce determination to continue her research project and a shred of remaining pride keep Joss from transferring out of the Big Easy. Carson Stephens recently returned from a tour of duty in the Middle East, and though willing women present themselves at every turn, his closest companion is loneliness. His night-shift work supervising the electrical and mechanical systems at the hospital is a perfect fit - it's solitary work putting broken things back together. When the electrical system on Joss' floor goes haywire, she's frazzled by the sexy electrician who sparks her dormant sex drive. He's brooding and cocky - so not her type. But if Carson has his way, his hands will work their magic on more than just the wiring, and he'll show Joss a night of passion that restores her shattered confidence. But what happens after that night? As their relationship grows into something more, Joss and Carson face ups and downs, and they both realize that the healing has only just begun.

Add the book to Goodreads

PURCHASE NOW OR READ FOR FREE ON KINDLEUNLIMITED

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | Amazon CA



EXCERPT:
I was smiling before I even opened my eyes. The smell of Carson on my sheets had that effect. We’d both worked third shift last night and then come to my place to sleep. Well, we slept after epic sex, followed by omelets from a nearby diner.
I wished he was still in bed next to me, but I’d heard him get up and leave a couple of hours ago. He just didn’t need as much sleep as me. Five hours seemed to be his max.
I was pretty sure I didn’t have a max, but my minimum was seven hours. I always had to be prepared for my next shift at the hospital to run over.
After a quick shower, I dried my hair and dressed in jeans and a T-shirt. When I walked into my kitchen to brew coffee, I smiled when I saw that Carson had already put in a filter and grounds for me. I pushed the brew button and went to unload the clean dishes from my dishwasher.
He’d already done that, too. The man was so incredibly nice to have around. He was sexy as hell and amazing in bed, but he was also considerate in ways I’d never known in a man. Even after just a couple of weeks, I was attached.
I wondered where he was. He’d been restless this morning when we’d gone to sleep. Lots of tossing and turning was his usual, though. I suspected he was plagued by bad dreams, but I didn’t want to bring it up. He’d tell me if he wanted me to know.
Hopefully, he was at the gym, which always seemed to clear his head. I’d gone with him a couple of times, but my workout game was . . . not strong. He’d patiently taught me how to lift light weights and skipped his own workout to oversee mine. And even the light weights were damn heavy and left me sore for days.
I preferred to get my exercise from walking. I picked up my cell phone and texted Hattie to see if she could meet me at a café a couple of miles from my place. It was a gorgeous, sunny day and I was in the mood to walk somewhere.
She wrote right back and said sure, so I put on my walking shoes and sunglasses and set off.

----------

AUTHOR INFORMATION:


Brenda Rothert is an Illinois native who was a print journalist for nine years. She made the jump from fact to fiction in 2013 and never looked back. From new adult to steamy contemporary romance, Brenda creates fresh characters in every story she tells. She’s a lover of Diet Coke, chocolate, lazy weekends and happily ever afters.

AUTHOR LINKS:

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | | Wattpad | Amazon

InkSlinger Blogger Final

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid