Review: Monday Night Guy - Liz Lovelock




Monday Night Guy (My Guy series, #1)




Review: Monday Night Guy - Book #1 My Guy Series - Liz Lovelock - June 2018



This is one book that I had been looking forward to reading as I was a big fan of both Liz's previous series of Lost and Letters in Blood. I have to admit I was hoping for a bit more of a punch with this book and came out slightly disappointed. Overall, if you are looking for a good NA College romance than Monday Night Guy is the read for you but if you are wanting a bit more action than this isn't for you. I felt in parts that the author could have gone deeper as the book starts with our main character Addie and her boyfriend Hayden who we can tell is a jerk. I felt this could have gone deeper in parts of maybe him hitting her as we had seen in her other series. Parker sits on the sidelines waiting for the day when Addie and Hayden finally break up so he can go for her. He has always loved her but never had the chance to tell her and now he does, the thing is Addie won't be swayed that easy when it comes to Parker and he is going to have to try a bit harder than he has in the past when it comes to chasing girls. We also see Addie's ex Hayden slinking around with Addie's sister Ella, who seems to hate her with a passion. I would have liked to have gotten a bit more depth on why Ella hated Addie so much. I loved Addie's brother with Autism and I think its more so as I've been there with myself having autistic siblings and a mother with it. These parts made me enjoy the book and want to continue.  So readers, on the lookout for a nice easy NA college read- then check out Monday Night Guy but wanting something deeper, then move directly past as you will only end up disappointing yourself.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid