Review: Final Girls - Riley Sager









Review: Final Girls - Riley Sager - July 2017

Have you ever picked up a book and the first time you tried it, you hated it and couldn't finish it and it ended up being a DNF? That has happened to me a few times as I am a mood reader and have to be in the right frame of mind to read and enjoy the book otherwise it is a no-go for me and that book has no hope to capture my attention. Final Girls by Riley Sager was one of those books as I first tried to read it in 2017 when it was first released but it didn't hold my attention and I marked it as a DNF. Over the weekend, I picked it up randomly again as this time I now have two other Riley Sager's under my belt and I ended up enjoying it this time around which made sense as this book is reminiscent of all those 80s/90s/2000s slasher films like Friday the 13th and Scream, etc. In this book, we have three females who in different years were the sole survivors of attacks where all their friends or colleagues were murdered except for them. They are the "Final Girls" and this is their story of survival and what happens when someone isn't finished and satisfied with their survival when the oldest of the Final Girls is found dead, Quincy the youngest ends up getting a visit from Samantha - the middle one. It turns out that the girls are in danger and someone is finishing off what they started. Can these girls survive a second time or is their number finally up and the reaper ready to collect after they cheated death the first time? Find out in this horror/mystery thriller read by Riley Sager that definitely will have readers wanting to go back and watch their favourite slasher films after finishing reading.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3wTmcS8





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid