VBT # Blindsided - Marguerite Ashton







Review: Blindsided - Book #1 The Forgotten Daughter Series - Marguerite Ashton - July 2020

Have you ever read a book that has left you thinking once you have finished, what the heck did I just read? As someone who is a voracious and a big reader, I read a lot of books and more often than not I do fully understand what is happening but then you get a book that something feels off, and to be honest, you don't know how to explain what you have just read or put it into words that resemble something readable. That's how I felt with Blindsided, I felt Blindsided myself as this was a quick read but even as I finished - I sat there and was like how am I going to write this review? So, I am going to try and write what I can for you. This book starts with Lexi Archer waking up in a hospital bed and she is handcuffed. It turns out that her Aunt Tammy has been murdered and Lexi is the prime suspect. The book then jumps to Lexi being diagnosed with BPD aka borderline personality disorder and PTSD from childhood trauma. We learn that despite her mother being a psychologist, she too suffered from BPD and was quite cruel towards Lexi, especially after her parent's divorce. Lexi was used as a pawn until her mother died and she went to live with her Aunt Tammy who turned out to be even worse than Lexi's mother. All this abuse - physical and mental built up and Lexi snaps and this is Lexi's story from her cell. We also catch glimpses at the end about a cousin Boston Archer who was on the right track and has gone downhill as well - something to do with drugs - I think. As I told you, I got so confused reading this book due to it as a whole feeling too disjointed for me. If you love a strong clear direct plot/storyline like me - then this isn't the read for you as trust me it will leave you feeling even more confused than you were when you started this book. As readers, we win some and we lose some.


Amazonhttps://amzn.to/3JqgrTA









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid