Review: The Broken Elf King - Leia Stone ( Book #2 Kings of Avalier Series)





67 Male Elves ideas | male elf, character art, anime guys




Review: The Broken Elf King - Book #2 Kings of Avalier Series - Leia Stone - November 2022

Near the end of 2023, I started reading a little bit of fantasy again and found myself really enjoying it - of course, now there is a new term for the fantasy I do enjoy, once described as Urban Fantasy it is now called Romantasy which is fantasy with romance sprinkled throughout the story. It's great if you aren't a high and epic fantasy reader which is a bit more involved storylines and a bit drier plot. After really loving The Last Dragon King, I decided to continue the series and now in Book #2, we move over to the Elf Kingdom. In The Broken Elf King, we have our King Raife whose family was killed years ago by the Evil NightFall Queen who resides over the human world. She believes that all magic should be wiped out and humans be in power. In Nightfall lives Lani with her Aunt. Her Aunt has been sick, so Lani took a loan to buy medicine but she struggled to pay it back and has now been sold into slavery.  She was delivered to the Elf Kingdom. Lani has a secret though, as she is half-elf though pretends to be human. She also has no elf powers that she is aware of, though we see throughout the book that she not only is an Empath but she holds a power that the Elf world thought was just a fairytale story. The thing is though that this power is so dangerous, that whenever she uses it - a part of her dies. Of course, we can see where this book ends up as King Raife falls for Lani but what will happen when she uses what could be her last breath to save the king? This book then took an SJM turn and reminded me of when Tamlin tried to wrap Feyre in cotton wool and she escaped to freedom. I have been enjoying this series as it not only shows the royalty has flawed but the lesser looked at females as the strong ones. They may not be the prettiest or the wealthiest but they are the ones that get the guy as someone who is on the plainer side, books like this made me realize that I too could go with someone good-looking as they would see the beauty in my heart which they do. Just like Lani, I too got my HEA with my Dark Knight. I am now looking forward to moving on and reading Book #3 which is The Ruthless Fae King.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3UIwiTi








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid