VBT# Good Twin, Bad Twin - Renita D'Silva









VBT# Good Twin, Bad Twin - Renita D'Silva - October 2026

I’ll admit it straight away: I have a soft spot for stories about twins. There’s something endlessly fascinating about two people who start out so alike and end up so different, and Good Twin, Bad Twin gave me plenty to chew on. It opens with a chilling hook. A postcard arrives bearing a pretty Cotswold village and a nickname only one person ever used, a person who, by rights, shouldn’t be able to send it. If she’s alive, then whose body is buried under the patio? I was hooked by the end of the first chapter.

Our narrator was the shy, bookish twin, forever living in the shadow of her golden sister. Now she has what she always wanted: a stunning home on the Dorset cliffs, a handsome husband and a beautiful teenage daughter. But her husband vanishes at night, and the family dog seems to be the only one who truly loves her. Cosy it is not, and I loved every unsettling minute.

This is very much an unreliable narrator story, and a good one. You spend the book piecing things together, never quite certain who to trust, and the tension simmers nicely. What really impressed me was how the ending reframed everything. Once the truth came out, the daughter’s hatred towards her mother suddenly made total sense, and I found myself flicking back through earlier scenes with fresh, slightly horrified eyes. That’s the sign of a clever plot, in my book.

Now, my honest bit. I found the final section, when the truth is finally uncovered, rather muddied. After all that careful build-up, I felt a little lost myself, rereading passages and wondering if I’d missed something along the way. A cup of tea and a good think helped, but I’d have loved the reveal to land with a touch more clarity.

Still, that’s a small grumble about an otherwise gripping read. If you enjoy domestic suspense with secrets, sisters and a dash of gothic atmosphere, this is well worth curling up with on a rainy afternoon. Just keep a blanket handy for the shivers.


Amazon: https://link.amazon/B0dRYKWPk





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Snakes and Ladders - Sean Slater

A Love Letter From Emily White - Author

Guest Post - The To-Do List for a Happy Life