Review: What I Did - Kayla Krantz





What I Did

Review: What I Did - Kayla Krantz - June 2020


I was attracted to this book first from the cover, it is so creepy that it's awesome - the only downside is that the title and author's name are a bit harder to read. The other thing that drew me to this book was the fact that I love murder mysteries and with the main character being a teenager, I was hooked. This book introduces us to Jessica who on the outside looks like your average all-American girl - blonde, pretty but on the inside she is different. You could call her a sociopath - as her personality reminded me strongly of Dexter from the Jeff Lindsey series. Jessica works at a local grocery shop and has a stalker in Samuel and her best friend at work is Oscar. Lately, Oscar has seemed a bit off and I have to admit when the incident happens, I did see it coming as you just know. When Jess kills Oscar saving others, she is praised as a hero but Samuel isn't going to let it go as once, she rejected him, he wants to expose her as the b___ and sociopath she is and we read as he continues to stalk her until one night, he takes it too far. Soon he disappears and Jess is the main suspect, can she throw the police off her trail or will her dark secrets be exposed? Find out in this YA read which reminded me of the 90s type slasher films e.g. I Know What You Did Last Summer / Scream- What I Did by Kayla Krantz.

Amazon
: https://amzn.to/2L5qqkZ




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid