Review: Layla - Colleen Hoover






Layla

Review: Layla - Colleen Hoover - December 2020

Author Colleen Hoover is one of those authors where I will get everything she releases and when I saw she had released a new one Layla, I automatically wanted to read it. I wasn't 100% sure what to expect as I know it was out of her normal comfort zone of writing and so I was curious. The book starts with a bang with Leeds Gabriel in the bedroom with his girlfriend Layla tied up. At first, I was like WTF is going on and then also with a guy interviewing him downstairs while she is locked upstairs. I was like has he gone weird? Has he kidnapped her and now she is supposedly missing but not? The story then jumps back to Layla and Leeds's first meeting where he played in the band at her sister Aspen's wedding. The pair become inseparable and spend an amazing time together and end up in a whirlwind relationship. Things are short-lived though as tragedy strikes in the form of Leeds ex-girlfriend Sable.  The book then jumps to a few months later where Leeds and Layla are on a trip to try and recapture some happy memories as their relationship has been strained. While on holiday, strange things start happening and it's like the house is haunted. This is where we meet our friendly ghost, Willow. Throughout the novel, Leeds will communicate with Willow and soon we find him falling for Willow and out of love with Layla. Who will Leeds choose and will he get Layla the help she needs when things start going crazy?  Layla is filled with lots of twists and turns and at the ending has an OMG twist that slowly made complete sense. Overall, after reading it and thinking about the book a couple of hours later - the story of Layla reminded me of Season 4 of the TV show Ghost Whisperer that starred Jennifer Love Hewitt and one of my favorite TV Shows. I am now looking forward to reading Heart Bones as that's one of the last I need to read and then I am all caught up with her works to date.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3mdtPv2










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid