Review: Exhume - Danielle Girard






Exhume (Dr. Schwartzman, #1)

Review: Exhume - Book #1 Dr. Schwartzmann Series - Danielle Girard - October 2016

The past few months as it's been summer in the States, Kindle started an Epic Summer Reading challenge where you can earn ribbons. One of the latest ones called TopShelf had you reading a book from their list. As I was scrolling through, I had most of the ones I was interested in already on my Kindle or read, and then Exhume caught my attention with the blue cover and the yellow flowers. As a thriller, it also sounded like something that I would enjoy. I was in two minds about the book as it started great with us meeting the new coroner Anna and learning that she is on the run/ in hiding from her ex-husband Spencer who has been stalking her and tracking her down. We learn that he is a narcissistic monster and mentally and physically abused Anna. When Anna rocks up to a crime scene, she is shocked as the victim looks like her, was holding yellow flowers, and to make matters worse has the same necklace as her. Is this part of her ex-husband's elaborate plan to get her back? Is he killing to trap Anna and will she be next? The book continues with several murders and all in one way or another relating to Anna. I have to admit, some of the storylines felt realistic and other parts felt a little OTT. I also had the feeling that some of the storylines left the readers hanging and needed a little bit more to round them off nicely. Exhume overall was a good mystery read and a slow-burn tale of abuse, murder, and revenge. A twisted read indeed.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3zBgdCI






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid