Review: Playing With Fire - Kiki Swinson










Review: Playing with Fire -#Book 0 - Prequel - Kiki Swinson - November 2021

Scrolling through my kindle often I end up going into books blind as I have so many on there and I can't remember what they are about, just that they must have sounded good at the time when I originally got them. Some have been misses, but others hit. Playing with Fire by Kiki Swinson is a prequel to a Duology that she released. I haven't read any books by this author before but I am now interested in checking out the duology as I would love to see this character in the present time and see what her life is like now and how her past and what she went through in this book impacted her. In Playing with Fire, our main character Yoshi Lomax is studying Political Science and knows her way around the law. She is a college student and has her fair share of drinking and partying and doing drugs with her roomies. That is until one year over break, a domino effect of incidents will change Yoshi's life for good. The first is meeting Penny at the school and learning that a college girl who looks similar to her has gone missing and no one has found her yet, the second thing is that while Yoshi is back home with her mum and step-dad she learns that one of her roomies Gia has overdosed on drugs. Yoshi heads back to the hospital, only to be blamed by Gia's parents for being a bad influence on her daughter - yet it was Gia who introduced Yoshi to drugs. The next incident is Yoshi at a party where she finds herself being a victim of sexual assault and of course, when she tries to report it this leads her to be judged, assaulted even more, and then in the end to top things off her other roommate Jessica goes missing and things don't look positive.  Playing with Fire has everything from drugs, overdoses, death, and murder as well as sexual assault and domestic violence.  I have to say at the end of this, I was surprised that Yoshi managed to get through the year as personally if I suffered all this, I'd be curled up in a ball and wanting to shut away the world.  Playing with Fire by Kiki Swinson was one of those diamonds in the bookshelves of random reads.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3PExz7D




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid