Review: The Prince - Jillian Dodd








Review: The Prince - Book #1 Spy Girl Series - Jillian Dodd - April 2016

I was in two minds with this book as I had high hopes as I love teen spy novels and so this sounded right up my alley from the fact that the young girl was 12 years old when her parents died and then sent off to train at a boarding school as a teen spy. The girl then turns 18 and is sent on her first mission - to get close to the prince and protect him. All this sounded great when sadly it wasn't. Our spy girl was made to be like Miss Congeniality and seduce the prince but as she went along with the book, she was like a guy magnet and slept with whoever she wanted and strung plenty of guys along for the sake of it. Yes, she did her job and stopped several assassinations attempts on the prince but still acted like a hoity-toity I'm all that because I'm hot and tough. Instead of being a good fun YA/NA spy story like Gallagher Girls or one of Scarlett Haven's several spy series - this was too overtly sexual for me as it's like all she did was have sex or at least play and tease the opposite sex. We had glimpses of her past and I got a tad excited when it turned out her death had been faked, but then WTF she didn't pursue it. Who does that? This was an average read for me as I did manage to finish it. I did try the next book - The Eagle, but it was a DNF as again the first half was her no-strings-attached relationship with both Daniel the swimmer and the prince who is now the new King. This made the decision for me, is to delete the rest of the series as I just don't have the interest to read it and continue which is a shame as I do love her other series Captive Films and The Keatyn Chronicles.


Amazon : https://amzn.to/3PnmV4W







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid