Review: Too Late - Colleen Hoover









Too Late

Review: Too Late - Colleen Hoover - November 2016

Lately, I have read everyone going on about how great Colleen Hoover was, and people only just discovered her books. I was one of those readers who discovered her back in 2012/2013 when I finally decided to read her Slammed series which at the time was her only book published. She was in the mix of the starters in the "New Adult" genre. Scrolling through my kindle, I decided to read one of her older titles I still had - Too Late. This book is one of her lesser-known titles and it was so good. After reading this, you can see that the romantic suspense that we saw in Verity first developed in Too Late.  In Too Late, I have to admit as I was reading, I had Molly McAdams's series Forgiving Lies in my mind as I felt the two books were similar with the whole undercover cop storyline. In Too Late, we first meet Sloane who lives with her boyfriend Asa. Asa we can see is a jerk and a drug dealer, who treats Sloane like a princess but in other parts, he cheats on her. Luke and his friend Ryan have been given the assignment to go undercover and bring in Asa. Luke's identity is Carter and as Carter, he gets close to Sloane. As the book goes along, we read as sparks fly between Sloane and Carter but Sloane has one goal in mind - to save her brother Stephen and she can't do that without Asa's help or so she believes. Can Carter get her away from this life and save her from Asa's clutches if she stays, he will ruin her and drain her goodness away. Find out in this edgy and angsty New Adult read "Too Late".  Too Late’s theme is the reason I fell in love with the New Adult romance genre those many moons ago.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3B8cLQv





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid