Review: Wicked Dreams - Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush








Wicked Dreams

Review: Wicked Dreams - Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush - December 2022



Lately, I have been on a bit of a mystery/ suspense kick and I needed this as the last three books I had tried which were a mix of romance/ suspense have been DNFS and blah. I was excited for this book as I hadn't read a Lisa Jackson in years, as about 10 years ago now I went on a Lisa Jackson kick after just discovering her mysteries and she became one of my authors-to-read. Then, of course, you know how it goes in the world of bookworms with new authors popping up every day. I was on the fence about this book though as it was good enough to keep persevering yet at times, I wanted to give up as I felt like I slogged my way through this one. It was a slow-burn read. The book starts with Declan Bancroft Snr confronted by Charlie and then two bodies turn up dead amongst others as there are a lot of funerals in this book. We learn that there is an island in Deception Bay where a colony of females lived under the watchful eye of their Aunt Catherine and each of the female’s aka Siren Song has special paranormal/ supernatural abilities. This book has everything from romantic suspense, murder, and paranormal and supernatural aspects. Someone is hunting down the colony and wants the townspeople of Deception Bay/ Echo Island to pay after casting him out and now it's up to Ravinia Rutledge to band her sisters and a few extras together to stop him once and for all.  This book is part of a series, but the way it was written was easy to follow and can be read as a stand-alone tale. If you are wanting an easy read and you don't mind the slower pace of fiction tales, then Wicked Dreams by Lisa Jackson and Nancy Bush is the read for you. The theme of the book reminded me of authors like Abbie Roads and Christine Feehan.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3BgTuMQ








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid