Sweet Sunshine by Jessica Prince Book Spotlight


Title: Sweet Sunshine
Series: Pembrooke Series (Book 1)
Author: Jessica Prince
Genre: Contemporary Romantic Comedy




She’s a romantic at heart.
Chloe Delaney had three very specific wishes, growing up. She wished to stay settled in the small mountain town of Pembrooke, where she grew up, to one day be her own boss, and to fall in love with a man who would be willing to go to the ends of the earth for her. With her roots firmly planted in Pembrooke’s soil and her bakery, Sinful Sweets, thriving, two of her wishes have already come true. When a handsome single father moves to town, she’s certain she’s found the man to fill the role of wish number three.
The only problem is, you can’t force a frog to turn into a prince.
He isn’t the Prince Charming type.
When Derrick Anderson moved from Jackson Hole to the small town of Pembrooke, he did it determined to wipe the slate clean. After eight years spent trapped in a miserable marriage, he’s made a vow to never take the plunge again. He wants to be untethered, not tangled up in the strings that come with a committed relationship. He has his daughter, his career, and an ex-wife hell bent on making his life unbearable. His plate is already full.
The only problem is, he didn’t have a plan in place to protect his heart from her.
Neither of them were prepared for the course their lives would take. But once a rollercoaster begins to move, you can’t just climb off, now can you?
The only thing they can do is strap in, hold on tight, and enjoy the ride.
***This is Book 1 in the Pembrooke series, a spin-off of Wildflower***
FREE on Kindle Unlimited!
Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

I was dreaming. I had to be. There was no other logical explanation for what was happening to me.
And it was the Best. Dream. Ever.
Something pulled me from the deepest recesses of sleep, and as I blinked my eyes open to the sight of the darkened room, my sleep-addled brain was still too drowsy to figure out what had woken me. As I stared out of the French doors, nothing but black blanketing the forest ahead, my whole body tensed at the realization that the tingles I’d been feeling thanks to the erotic dream I had of Derrick weren’t abating.
Then I realized why.
“Derrick?” I asked on a gasp as his large hand spanned against my belly, pushing me further back into him.
“Shh,” he whispered in my ear, just before pulling the lobe between his teeth and biting down.
“What are you d-doing?” My voice broke as a shudder worked its way up my throat.
“What I’ve been dying to do for what feels like forever,” was his bewildering answer. I didn’t understand what was happening. We were supposed to be friends. Just friends. Yet, for the past few days he’d been acting like he wanted more from me. I couldn’t wrap my head around what was going on.
When the hell had he started wanting me? Until a few days ago I had no idea he’d even noticed I was a woman.
“I don’t…” I breathed as his tongue left a trail across my tingling flesh. “I don’t think—”
“Don’t think,” he rumbled. “Just feel, baby. Christ, you undo me.” He bit down on the tendon that ran from my neck down to my shoulder.
I moaned as the sting of pain sparked into something that made my blood run hot and my stomach clench. As he rained open-mouth kisses from ear to shoulder and back again, my hips involuntarily rocked back, pressing against the hardness of his erection. He groaned against my skin and I shivered as he continued his toe-curling assault. I’d never had a man pay such attention to that particular spot on my body, and it was driving me mad. It was as though every single nerve ending in my body was located right there. What he was doing to me made it impossible to control the needy sounds that fell from my lips. I was so turned on that rationality had flown out the window. There wasn’t tomorrow or the repercussions it could hold, there was only here… only now.
His voice was gravelly as he said, “So fucking sweet,” against my shoulder before biting down again.
“Mmm, Derrick.” I rolled my hips, pressing harder against his cock, desperate for something, some friction to help ease the pressure building between my thighs.
With a low, rumbling growl, one hand twisted into my hair, pulling my head back so hard my scalp stung, while the other snaked from my stomach to my breast and squeezed. I loved it. All of it. I went mindless with pleasure, nothing mattered but what Derrick was doing and how it made me feel. I couldn’t think, I could barely breathe the craving was so intoxicating.
“Oh God.” I rocked and rocked and rocked my hips back as he let go of my breast just long enough to reach under my t-shirt and palm it without any barrier.
“Love how you light up for me,” he moaned, thrusting his hips forward. “Are you wet, sunshine?”
“Derrick,” I whimpered as his hold on my hair enabled him to twist my head any which way he wanted so he could continue to feast on my skin. “I need…”
“What, baby?” Another bite from him, another groan from me. God, it was like he was ravenous for me. “What do you need?”
“More,” was all I was able to get out.
In a blink, I was on my back, my top whipped over my head as Derrick loomed above me, his hips forcing my thighs apart as he settled himself between them. His mouth claimed mine in a brutal, dominating kiss.
“Mmm, Chloe.” His moan vibrated through his chest and into mine as he trailed kisses along my jaw. “What are you doing to me?”
“I-I don’t know,” I panted, fisting his hair as my back arched beneath him, pressing my breasts into his firm, solid chest.
He slid against me, his rigid length pushing against where I needed it the most. At the pressure of his cock grinding against my core, my head fell back against the pillow, a low, guttural sound coming from deep within my throat.
“You drive me fucking crazy,” he murmured as his lips moved lower and lower. “I can’t get you out of my head, no matter how hard I try.”
His tongue flicked my straining nipple, shooting pulsing waves of pleasure to my center, making me even wetter, more desperate. With each lash of his tongue, my body writhed against his, searching for something to send me over the edge, into the abyss.
“Oh, God. Don’t stop doing that.” I let out a cry when his mouth pulled away.
He moved back up my body, his lips close to my ear when he whispered, “Tell me you want me inside you.” My mouth opened to follow his command only to get stuck in my throat. He let out a pained moan as his hips undulated against me. “Say it.”

FREE on Kindle Unlimited!


Born and raised around Houston Texas, Jessica spent most of her life complaining about the heat, humidity, and all around pain in the ass weather. It was only as an adult that she quickly realized the cost of living in Houston made up for not being able to breathe when she stepped outside. That’s why God created central air, after all.
Jessica is the mother of a perfect little boy–she refuses to accept that he inherited her attitude and sarcastic nature no matter what her husband says.
In addition to being a wife and mom, she’s also a wino, a coffee addict, and an avid lover of all types of books–romances still being her all time favs. Her husband likes to claim that reading is her obsession but she just says it’s a passion…there’s a difference. Not that she’d expect a boy to understand.
Jessica has been writing since she was a little girl, but thankfully grew out of drawing her own pictures for her stories before ever publishing her first book. Because an artist she is not.
Sign up for Jessica’s Newsletter
Enter to win a $25 Amazon!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid