Review: In this Moment - Karen Kingsbury


Review: In this Moment - Book #2 The Baxter Family - Karen Kingsbury - November 2017
After having a long hiatus of
not reading Christian fiction, I have felt the call to go back and read it and
get back into the genre. Karen Kingsbury was always an author I loved and I
felt the need to read her later Baxter family books which had been published
after I took a break. Like all her books, each one is powerful and very
inspiring. In This Moment we meet one of the Baxter Sons - Luke and his family
including his wife Reagan and children. We also meet High School Principal
Wendell Quinn. These two will cross paths when Wendell finds himself being sued
and Luke as his lawyer. Wendell is a Black High School Principal in a low-income
area and is trying to get his school roll up and the students out of trouble.
He has exhausted all his options and prayed to God. His last choice is to open
a voluntary bible study - he hopes that making it voluntary means that he is
within the law as he is not forcing religion on those who don't want to be
there. Wendell though is about to find out the law is a very thin line as he
becomes sued by one of the parents of the school. Can Luke help save Wendell
from being thrown into jail as he tries to show the judge and jury the amazing
things that have occurred because of the bible? I liked this story as it showed
just how powerful religion can be when put in the right hands and done for the
right reason and also at the same time, how scared and nervous people can
become around the topic of religion and God. I am lucky to have been born in
New Zealand as it hasn't been illegal to teach about religion in schools.
I am now looking forward to reading more of Karen Kingsbury and the Baxter Family stories.
I am now looking forward to reading more of Karen Kingsbury and the Baxter Family stories.






Comments
Post a Comment