Review: All Shook Up - Chelsey Krause









Review: All Shook Up - Chelsey Krause - August 2016

I'm not exactly sure why September has been treating me this way, maybe the universe is telling me something as I have been trying to read books which most have been later releases and they just have been DNFs and not grabbing me at all. So what does one do when they want to read but nothing grabs? They go and scroll through their Kindle and click on random titles and more often they are books that have been sitting there for years. All Shook Up was one of those titles I grabbed years ago, before I started my book blog I used to write reviews for Chicklit Club and another of the reviewers for the site was Chelsey Krause. This book surprised me with how much I enjoyed it. The book is one of those books that despite everything happening, it just has a feel-good undertone to the story. The book starts with us meeting Natalie who works at the local Op Shop where she finds an album of photos, inside is a photo of Nancy Carlyle - a woman who looks similar to Natalie. This leads Natalie to Casey's doorstep as Natalie was adopted and she believes this could be her birth mother. What eventuates is not only a friends-to-lovers romance between Casey and Natalie but also a journey of looking for her birth mother and finding a new family filled with relatives and stories. This was one of those sweet romance tales. The only downside I did have with this book, is that I felt Natalie's character was written a bit immature so she appeared younger than she was compared to Casey who came across as older. I was in the book surprised when Natalie's age was revealed as she just felt younger. Other than that minor detail, All Shook Up was a sweet romance and a self-discovery tale. An indie diamond in the sea of self-published titles.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/46hHfhd






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid