Review- I Will Find You - Harlan Coben

 








Review: I Will Find You - Harlan Coben - March 2023

I had been so excited to read this book as I kept thinking to myself how does this work? How does a dad go to prison for murdering his son and then for his son to have been alive all this time? Did they not follow due course and policies and procedures as this does not make sense to me at all? After reading this book, I could understand but I still am in two minds about this book and where I sit with this book. I wanted to love it and it was a great mystery read but as someone who watches a lot of crime TV shows and reads a lot of thrillers, I felt this one had a lot of plot holes that would never happen in real life and to be honest someone as prolific as Harlan Coben would have known better.  I didn't intend this review to become ranty but parts frustrated me as our main character who by the way was a loving husband is accused of brutally murdering his son which by the way, he doesn't remember as he didn't do it. We then have an old lady witness who said she saw him burying his baseball bat in the yard which had his fingerprints on it - which of course it's his bat. The dad is then sentenced to life in prison as a child killer and he loses everyone he loves. That is until 5 years later when his son is 8 years old, his ex-sister-in-law Rachel turns up with a picture which is the spitting image of his son right down to the birthmark. How could this be we ask ourselves - ready for this - they didn't do a DNA test of the body to see if it was their son. The truth eventually comes out and David is freed but not after a whole lot of trouble and what was the reason - freaking revenge.
I would say if you want a good thriller, then I Will Find You was a good read but if you are like me and a huge thriller/ crime aficionado then I would give this one a miss as the inconsistencies will frustrate you like it did myself.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3FsOcAE






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid