Review: Sing Me to Sleep - Gabi Burton









Review: Sing Me to Sleep - Book #1 Sing Me to Sleep - Gabi Burton - June 2023

When I was in my 20s, I was big into fantasy with a world of Vampires and Werewolves and the odd other supernatural creature tale. Then as I got older like with most genres and storylines, after reading them over and over again, I felt like it became the same story just another set of characters and I started to find my interest waned and I couldn't get into fantasy books. They were just long-winded and boring. That is until this month, I have read two YA fantasy books and both have been amazing reads and I feel like potentially my interest has been reignited. In Sing Me to Sleep by Gabi Burton, which was also the YA book from the book box subscription - The Book Shoppe, I opened it and I was surprised at how easily I was sucked into the book I didn't want to put it down so now I am excited to read Book #2. Sing Me to Sleep by Gabi Burton also reminded me of the Girls of Paper and Fire series by Natasha Ngan. In this book we meet our Siren Saoirse, she is the last of her kind and was adopted by a family of fae and misfits as her sister is human. Basically in this world, any creature that is not Fae is frowned upon and Sirens and Humans are the worse. Humans do the servant work, but Sirens are seen as the Devil as years ago the King's son was killed by a Siren, and in retaliation, the King wiped out all sirens and burned their area to the ground. When Saoirse's sister is threatened, she gets a job in the Kingdom to find out who is blackmailing her family and protect those she loves. In doing so, she will also learn the dark history of the Kingdom and of course, fall in love with Prince Hayes. When Saoirse's identity is revealed, can she prove she isn't a threat or will the Kingdom come for her head? Find out in Sing Me to Sleep by Gabi Burton, a great YA read and if you want a taste of fantasy - this one is a good stepping stone into the Fantasy world.

The Book Shoppe - https://thebookshoppe.co.nz/products/limited-edition-young-adult-book-box






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid