VBT# Review - Monstrous - Nicole M. Rubino







Review: Monstrous - Book #1 Monstrous Series - Nicole M. Rubino - January 2024

Have you ever read a book that transports you back to another time when you read books similar and it sparks up happy moments and memories and because of that, you find yourself enjoying a book? That for me was how I felt with Nicole's book "Monstrous" - to be honest, I wasn't sure what I was in for as I read the trigger warnings - I assumed it was darker and more gruesome, but as I got reading it I found myself transported back to the same feelings I had in 2016 when I began my journey to read Jennifer Estep's Mythos Academy series. This book gave me those same vibes with a hint of possibly Wednesday - the new show based on Wednesday Adams. In Monstrous our main character Rhiannon has had some changes happening and discovered that she isn't quite human - she is half-monster. Now she has been thrust into a university designed for monster students to learn to harness their skills and abilities. At the school, we have Gorgons, Cyclops, Sphinx, Incubus etc.  Some are more dangerous than others. Rhiannon is about to learn exactly what she is and what her abilities are, but if she's not careful - she might not last the year as someone is killing off female students with one thing in common- they have all been seen dating or hanging out with Nick who Rhiannon has gotten close too. Monstrous was a great read and I feel it is a YA/NA crossover and had a great twist at the end with Nick that left me going OMFG when his true identity was revealed. I am hoping that possibly in Book #2 Venomous we get more answers about Rhiannon's biological parents or where she came from which would be awesome especially since we learn she is a doppelganger to the original Scylla and named after the witch who cursed the original Scylla as well. Monstrous is a great series for readers who love their gods and goddesses from all cultures, not just the Greeks.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3TXksUe





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas