Review: Two for the Dough - Janet Evanovich



As readers will know I have decided to try and make my way through the Stephanie Plum books and here is my review of Book #2 Two for the Dough.
Review: Two for the Dough - Stephanie Plum series book #2 - Janet Evanovich - February 2004
I am so enjoying the Stephanie Plum books, I love her character, her family and the other minority characters in the story. I had finished The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz and thought hmmm.. what to read next that's similar and somebody said "you might like Stephanie Plum" and I am now up to Book #3.
In Two for the Dough, we notice that Stephanie has a close relationship with her Nana and I have to say I love Grandma Plum, she is such a hoot for an old lady- in a way she reminds me a cross between Regina Cross and the Mum from Everybody Loves Raymond.  Stephanie Plum has been given a new task - to hunt down and book Kenny Mancuso -another cousin of the Morelli family, he is said to have murdered a local petrol station owner. While on the case, we notice that Grandma Plum loves to funeral crash and Stephanie goes along with her to the shot petrol station owner's funeral. It is at the funeral home that we are introduced to the undertaker Spiro , it seems he has a under-the-table job for Stephanie - to locate 24 caskets that have gone missing.  Stephanie, always one for trouble starts on the case and guess who shows up - our favourite Officer Joe Morelli. We discover in Two for the Dough, that the pair have a love/hate relationship and a chemistry that works well. As Stephanie gets closer to apprehending Kenny, will she realise she has bitten off too much she can chew when he comes after and attacks Granny Plum and as she gets to the bottom of things it seems that the caskets have something to do with Kenny and who on earth keeps sending her bits of dead people as a finger and a penis turn up on her parent's dinner table ?
Find out all this and more in Janet Evanovich's book #2 Two for the Dough.

Comments

  1. Hello Phantom P!

    Thanks for following my blog. I have yet to read book 3 and look forward to your review.

    Cheers!

    Eric The Mailman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog! I just finished One for the Money since the new movie with Katherine Heigel is coming out. If you like Stephanie Plum you might want to read the Georgina Kincade series by Richelle Mead (its the supernatural version of Mrs.Plum)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous - Already have LOL , Up to Book #6 which I have on my IPAD to read of Richelle Mead's Succubus Series :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid