VBT# Punished - Krys Fenner



Punished (Dark Road Series, #2)

Review: Punished - Book #2 Dark Road Series - Krys Fenner - August 2015

Punished for those who are into dark reads, is one that you will feel at home with but readers, if you are not a fan of dark reads then this isn't the book for you. Reading this book, I was a little confused as it starts with a girl Bella waking up and having nightmares and further down the reader realises it is due to her survival of a vicious attack that ended in rape. We then jump over to Jeremiah, who has recieved a letter and instructions to keep watch over Bella and to keep her safe but under no circumstances is he to interfere with her life and let himself be seen , he has to remain a ghost. Can a girl suffer more tragedy and agony ? How much can one person take before it reaches just too much for her to want to live another day ? How much torture and pain can one person go through before they just want it to stop ? This part I could reasonate with as the last few years and some more, in my life pain and agony and events just don't stop happening and it's one drama after another and I do wonder what life would be like if I was born into a drama-free house or when I was younger , not as much anymore I had thoughts on how simple it would be if I just ended my life now and then all that pain, tragedy and stuff that make's life suck would just vanish and I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore and how my life would be so much easier- since I would be dead.  Back to Bella, she has just found out not only that she was adopted, but that her biological parents were trouble and now the one person she thought she loved and could rely on has dumped her in her time of need.  Has Bella been pushed to the edge and decided to take the easy option out of this life or hiding in the shadows, will there be someone waiting on the sidelines as a last hope to save Bella from her troubles and show her that her life is worth saving and living for ?
Find out in Book #2 "Punished" by Krys Fenner.

 

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for review! I'm curious, did you have the opportunity to read the first book? I ask because you mentioned the beginning was a little confusing. The way this story is written, I don't believe Punished can be read as a stand alone. I think Destroyed does have to be read first for full comprehension. Though there is enough in Punished to get the gist of what happened in the first book. Again, thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid