VBT# Beckon the Ravens - Bradon Nave

Image result for HEA PR Tours

Beckon the Ravens

Review: Beckon the Ravens - Bradon Nave - January 2020


I had read five books previously by Bradon Nave and have enjoyed them and so when I saw his Beckon the Ravens up for grabs, I knew I had to read it. Now I read a lot of books and am not often confused but this particular book, right the way through there was just something off and I was so confused and even still a few days later milling over the book, I still don't have a full grasp of the novel which is why this review is hard to write. The book is set in two views - a past where we meet Meyrick and her family/friends who were part of a cult and then present where Meyrick - now Emily lives with Leroy. The past Meyrick loved Kaleb and his sister was her best friend. Now it seems Leroy is her partner and they live on a farm. Lately, Emily has been having hallucinations and visions of black raven feathers and killings have been occurring but in Emily's mind, it's not her killing but Anna and Q - two farmhands that were brought in for Leroy.  In the past, we learn how Meyrick and Kaleb escaped the cult and came to work as farmhands to the present time. I felt personally that this book was all over the place for me and hard to understand and comprehend what was happening as I couldn't see just one clear storyline.  If you are wanting to try a Bradon Nave, then I suggest his Keeping the Tarnished or earlier books and only read this one if you are a big fan of his books and writings.
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid