Review: Cocksure Ace - K.Webster

Review: Cocksure Ace - #Cocky Hero Club Series - K.Webster - May 2020
Spinning off from the Cocky
series by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland is a series called the Cocky Hero Club
in which several authors are writing books set in the world or with familiar
characteristics. In Cocksure Ace, we first meet Sheridan Reid who is one of
those uptight boss babe type females whom you can tell has walls up and has
been handed everything she has ever wanted in her life. She is her daddy's
little princess and her father would do anything for her. Sheridan is on her
way to Costa Rica to help celebrate her father's new marriage and hopefully,
this will be the week that David will proclaim his love just for her and the
pair can finally become a "power couple" and enjoy a real romance.
Her flight is a tad delayed and we meet Captain Camilo Z aka CZ who is, of
course, our cocky hero, and the pair clash so hard that sparks are flying off
the pages. CZ has finally met his match in Sheridan and they will begin during
the novel this love/hate relationship. It is a very slow burn book and It
wasn't a favorite of mine as I found both the main characters so freaking
frustrating. Sheridan was a rude spoilt brat and Camilo couldn't confront his
real feelings and acted bratty towards his stepfather Eduardo who was trying to
be nice and care for him. What I did love was the side characters as we have
Damian - Mr. Hot Pink Pants and a bit of a Liberace/Elton John flamboyant
character, Estefania whom is a Mexican Pop Singer and Doris and Dale who is a
retired couple on what was supposed to be a holiday of a lifetime. Cocksure Ace
for me was a slow burn romance and I had to persevere with the book as I had
high expectations as soon as I saw the written by K.Webster. As I have only
read her sexy and steamy's and dark romances, I think that suits her style more
than a straight contemporary romance novel. In saying that though if you love
sexy pilots and fun antics and crazy nights, then you will love Cocksure Ace by
K.Webster.
Goodreads Link:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/52361220-cocksure-ace?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=EHg3IJrPJ5&rank=1
Goodreads Link:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/52361220-cocksure-ace?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=EHg3IJrPJ5&rank=1



Comments
Post a Comment