Review: Power Play - Alley Ciz


Ice Hockey Stick With Puck. Sports Vector Illustration Isolated ...

Power Play (BTU Alumni, #1)

Review: Power Play - Book #1 BTU Alumni Series - Alley Ciz - June 2019

This book I have the whole series sitting on my Kindle to read and was excited to start as I love anything normally with a college/university attached to the story. However, even though this book series is called BTU Alumni and features the boys playing college hockey and we have their games and all the characters are studying at BTU. This series didn't feature the schooling side of things which means that I had to push myself to finish this book as I struggled with it a bit as it turned out to be another slow-burn romance for myself and some of the characters annoyed me. The ones that made me love the book and that stole the show in this particular book were two 5-year-olds - Jake's little sister and Jordan's little brother Sean. The book starts with Jake meeting his friend's and next-door neighbors sister JD aka Jordan. Immediately you can see the sparks fly and the chemistry between the pair especially with their transformers connection which I loved but of course Jordan made a pact with her brothers after her last relationship with one of their teammates turned into a psycho violent stalker and now vows that she won't date a hockey player. Jake will try right through the book to prove to Jordan and her brothers Ryan and Jase that he loves her and will do anything to protect her. I did like the characters in this book as they all had this genuineness about them and the suspense side with the unknown texts kept me on my toes. I have to admit I wish they had played this storyline out a bit more as then it wouldn't have felt like such a slow read as Power Play by Alley Ciz is another slow-burn romance novel.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid