Top Ten Tuesday : Reasons Why I Love - Favourite Tropes



My Favourite Tropes! – Book Steff's Bookish Blog


Today's Top Ten was a Freebie with the theme "Reasons Why I Love".
I decided to go with "Reasons Why I Love my Favourite Tropes".




1. Cinderella Trope - I love it when the plain jane or the commoner falls for a member of the Royal Family / Billionaire.  E.g The O'Rourkes Series by Kylie Gilmore


My Experience with Transient Global Amnesia (TGA) | Psychology ...

2. Amnesia Fiction - I love it when the character suffers amnesia and has to find their way back to who they were prior.  E.g Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult






3. Teacher/Professor/Principal Romance - When the student falls for the Hot Teacher/Professor/Principal.  Guess you could say this has always been one my reader fantasies. E.g Absinthe by Winter Renshaw


SAPS “Overwhelmed By Kidnappings For Ransom” In SA – 2oceansvibe ...

4. Childhood Kidnapped/Abductions - I like this especially when it is a child raised in a family and they learn that they have another one out there and their life isn't what it should have been. E.g Who is Sarah Randall ? by Gail Haris


How To Disappear With A New Identity – Change Identity News

5. New Identities -
When the character has gone into the Witness Protection Programme and had to change identities or for some reason - they have a new identity and then they face people in their past who knew them as the old identity. E.g The Secret Life of Amy Benson by Lisa Renee Jones

Legacy Stock Illustrations – 1,342 Legacy Stock Illustrations ... 

6. Secret Legacy/ Wealth -
Mainly used in YA or books where a character might have been adopted or a long-lost family secret and they discover that they have inherited a lot of money or part of a legacy/ wealth family. E.g Tessa - Kayla Tirrell ( Shelfbrooke Academy)


An Illustrated Guide to Buying the Classics

7. Classics Based Fiction -
When books are based on Classics and brought into the modern world - E.g Wuthering High by Cara Lockwood or Polite Society by Mahesh Rao.

Penny Reid Truth or beard | Penny reid, Penny reid author, Reading ...

8. Siblings Trope
- A series which follows the whole group of siblings - normally in these series , they have a parent or both parents die and they raise themselves together. E.g Winston Brothers by Penny Reid , The Bailey Family by Piper Rayne and The Alaskan Courage series by Dani Pettrey.


9. Social Media / Texting / Internet - I love the books that contain these parts e.g Online Dating , Twitterverse, Texting. Anything that contains the world of Social Networking and Technology. E.g The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai , Follow Me Back by A.V Geiger.
Mental Health in the Workplace – A 'Heads-up' for Employers - Safe ...


10. Mental Illnesses / Edgy Content -
Books that contain Mental Health Issues/Illneses and Edgy scenarios that can be viewed as dark e.g Abuse /Violence/Drugs and Alcohol but the character finds a way to overcome the situation ( not necessarily cured, but moving forward) E.g Finding Alice by Melody Carlson , A Divided Mind by M. Billiter.








Comments

  1. I like that siblings trope, too.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tropes are great because it gives you a framework to know what to expect but there is still freedom within that framework.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy retellings of the classics, too. Some of them are amazing.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I love a lot of these tropes too! Awesome list :)
    -My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I also enjoy the New Identities trope.
    Here's my TTT list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid