Review: Liars Anonymous - Marissa Finch








Review: Liars Anonymous - Marissa Finch - November 2022

This book caught my attention with the title "Liars Anonymous" and the fact it was a thriller was right up my alley. Growing up, I lived in a family where lying seemed to be second nature and it caused a lot of family drama more often than not, but at times it also seemed to calm the situation. Growing up in this house, it does open your eyes to the world of manipulation and how easy it is for some random person to believe a story. For instance, my sister once took ashes to school when she was in intermediate and told people I had died and was fundraising for my funeral. A) they were ashes from the fireplace and B) she was only 11-12 years old herself and already had years prior started compulsive lying for her advantage. Being close, I saw it but I seemed to be the only person who saw her true colours. In Liars Anonymous, it talks about a group of liars who are in group therapy - a bit like an AA meeting but for Liars. In this story, we have our main character Marnie who has a dark secret of her own, and Claire - our dead body. The book starts with the discovery of Claire's dead body and then learning her true identity and then Marnie trying to get to the bottom of who killed her and I have to say, I didn't expect this twist. Marnie has her own reasons for attending the group and wanting to get revenge on someone who hurt the person closest to her.  If you love revenge and new identities/con artists then you will enjoy Marissa Finch's thriller "Liars Anonymous".

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3htMXZz






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid