Review: Just Like the Other Girls - Claire Douglas











Review: Just Like the Other Girls - Claire Douglas - August 2020

This one has been on my radar for a wee while now and so with a gorgeous day and relaxing on my porch swing, I decided to spend the afternoon reading and chose Just Like the Other Girls by Claire Douglas.  The book starts with an advertisement for a companion for an elderly lady Elspeth McKenzie. She has a type too, she loves young females with blonde hair and preferably blue eyes. This is as we learn because they resemble closely someone she lost and loved years earlier which comes in a full circle at the end of the novel. The thing though is that these companions don't seem to last as someone is murdering them as not one, nor two but three companions have all been killed. I had high hopes for companion #3 Una who we read about in Part #1 but then she's gone and companion #4 Willow turns up. Can Willow find out what happened to the previous girls and get justice for them all or will she end up six feet under like her predecessors and be just like the other girls? I have to admit, I was a bit wary of Kathryn who is Elspeth's youngest daughter and when her twist came at the end it was very unexpected I have to admit her character did surprise me as she was someone I hated right through the book as she had an air of manipulation and that she was hiding something about her. If you are looking for a great UK mystery read, then Claire Douglas's book is for you and I am now looking forward to reading her other releases.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3VwA6DN







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid