Review: Here's to Your Dreams - Dave Hollis









Review: Here's to Your Dreams - Dave Hollis - February 2022

I have to admit, I hadn't done much research on the Hollis family but figured that it was loosely based on Rachel Hollis's now ex-husband Dave, and their daughter Noah. This is a cute picture book aimed at children aged 4-10 years old and it sets the premise of father/daughter dates in the format of fun tea time parties which is such a great bonding experience for fathers and daughters to have.  It wasn't until I went on Goodreads and saw all the 1-star reviews, that I realized there is the controversy behind this picture book and so I want to state my review is written on the book itself and not the father/daughter duo. What I read was a fun picture book that has a daddy/daughter bonding time and the duo goes on several adventures together from warring pirates to sailing the seven seas - all in a day's work. It also teaches children that having dreams is important and to never give up as where would we be without our hopes and dreams? This family is known for their self-help guruness and so there is on the pages, a deeper meaning for older children to explore in their growth journey when they are 7+ years old. For the younger crowd, it is a fun father/daughter bedtime read and who knows if you aren't having tea parties or starting a father/daughter date routine yet, Here's to your Dreams may inspire you. Growing up, this was something that I had with my dad and we would go to the movies together or out to a cafe for lunch/dinner. It's a special treasured moment that I hold close to my heart forever.  To conclude, if you are wanting to read this and view it as just a picture book - then it's a great read. If you feel that you can't support someone due to their personal lives and issues, then bypass this book and move on,  remember not every single book is for every single person.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3W5kUOB




 
 Dave Hollis Here's to Your Dreams!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid