Review: The Kill Club - Wendy Heard








Review: The Kill Club - Wendy Heard - December 2019

What would you do to save the one you loved? Would you go to extremes and help pull off a stranger on a train scenario? The Kill Club by Wendy Heard had this vibe as I read it. I have been in a bit of a thriller mood lately as other titles have just felt blah. This was a good read as we first meet Jazz whose sibling was adopted by their foster mother. The thing now is that once Carol got ahold of what she wanted, she kicked Jazz out of the house and threatened her with Joaquin. If she doesn't follow Carol's rules then Jazz will never get to see him again. Jazz can't bear losing him and is offered an opportunity to get rid of Carol. All she has to do is join a secret society called Blackbirds and kill someone else who deserves it and in return, someone will kill Carol on her behalf. The group doesn't give second or third chances though and normally if someone fails then they end up the target. Jazz's first two tries have failed and now she is being hunted if she's not careful she will not only be framed for murder but she could risk losing the one person she cares most about in this world - Joaquin. In a way, I did enjoy this book but in parts, Jazz frustrated me as she had a moral compass but not quite. I have always wondered what I would do for the person I love most, would I kill for them? I'm not quite sure as I have never been pushed, but I believe if push came to shove - most of us would kill to protect the ones we love if their life was on the line and even more so if it was them or a stranger.  Just remember people, the first rule of The Kill Club is the easiest - do not talk about The Kill Club.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid