Review: The Prom Queen - RL Stine









Review: The Prom Queen - Book #15 Fear Street Series - RL Stine - March 1992

Recently I saw that Netflix was bringing RL Stine's series Fear Street to Television and one of the books they were looking at showcasing was The Prom Queen. Growing up in the late 90s about 96-98, I was a fan of RL Stine's book series Goosebumps. They were my first venture into horror fiction. Today's book was interesting to read as the publication release happened when I was four years old and didn't turn five till July 1992.  As a teen, I skipped over Fear Street and focused my attention on the Point Horror books. The Prom Queen gave me 90s feels as we take a wander back to Shadyside where two females have been found murdered and one of them their body has been discovered in the woods of Fear Street. It's Prom season at Shadyside High and Five friends have been named as Prom Queen Candidates - Simone, Elana, Rachel, Dawn, and Libby.  What happens though when Simone disappears and all that is left is a pile of blood and then Rachel is found murdered and slowly the Prom Queen Candidate numbers are dwindling. Who is killing off Prom Queens and is it to do with the $3000 scholarship prize or something more sinister? Find out in this YA horror that I do have to admit in parts were cheesy and a bit cringeworthy, but in honesty, that was what 80s and 90s horror stories/movies were all about. Reading The Prom Queen has now reignited my love of RL Stine's Fear Street, and I will be busy checking and reading the others in this series and looking forward to Netflix when they air.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/4aIQ9qC








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid