Review: Indigo Ridge - Devney Perry ( The Edens)






 





Review: Indigo Ridge - Book #1 The Edens - Devney Perry - October 2021

This series, I have had sitting on my bookshelf and one I had been scared to read as I had heard great things about it, and after my bad experience with Flawless, I have been scared to read it. I decided the other night to pick it up and WOW, it was amazing. I now have a new family to explore after finishing Jennifer Hanks's DiMarco Family. Now it's time for the Edens of Quincy, Montana. I love series like this that have big families as each sibling gets their book and HEAs and often too if the series is a hit, later on, we might even be lucky enough to get stories of some of the next generation aka the kids like Abbi Glines and Heidi McLaughlin have done. In Indigo Ridge, we first meet Winsome aka Winn who has just moved to Quincy to become the new police chief which a few aren't happy about as A) she's a female, B) she's young and C) even though she visited here and her grandfather is the mayor - she is still an outsider. On her first night, she ends up sleeping with Griffin - thinking he was a tourist and vice versa. The next day she discovers he is not only a local, but part of the most important family in town - the founding family aka The Edens. Neither Griffin nor Winn are looking for relationships, but life keeps pushing them together and when a dead body turns up on Indigo Ridge, they will have to work together as Winn isn't convinced it's a suicide and if she is prepared to ruffle a few feathers, then she needs an Eden on her side. Indigo Ridge was a great read and OMFG I did not see that ending coming and was shocked just like the rest of the town.  If you are adding one family saga series to your reading list for 2024, then it needs to be The Edens as it combines romance and suspense with a small-town country feel. Definitely worth the read. I am now excited to move on and read the next book which is Knox and Memphis's story.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/49ne4Kx







 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid